Subject: Re: Request for Scanner Info
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 20:11:45 -0500

>Does anyone know anything about scanners on the AMiga??  I realize that this
>is off topic here, but I don't get the Toaster or other lists.... ;(  Please
>forgive me ;))  This is for an associate of mine who is trying to set up a
>scanner.  If anyone can please help him (address at the bottom) He and I would
>GREATLY appreciate it....

Dan said,
<            Scanners on the Amiga are nice. A typical set up, for instance,
<           would be an Epson 600C, in the parallel version. However, you
<           CAN NOT use the cable supplied with the unit. A special cable needs
<           to be purchased, and can be obtained from a company called 
<            Redmond Cable. It should run you about $24. Be careful with softare
<           stores, as their markup on this cable is sometimes very high.
<           Next, you'll need Image FX or ADPro, with the Epson driver.

            Dan,
 I run an Epson ES-800C on my 4000. I access it through the scandriver software
 that the now defunct ASDG had for ADPRO. It is a slick setup in my opinion.
 the software works great with the scanner. However my cable for the scanner
 was actually part of the software package. It uses the parallel port but the
 ES-800c is configured for both parallel and scsi control. I figure if I ever
 get a pentium I will try to find scsi drivers. The software also came with
 a program that will scan right to disk. I find it really handy for developing
 image maps for LW. Someday Imay go for the transparency option, but haven''t
 seen the need yet. 

 -bill